OPEN HEAVENS FRIDAY MAY 6TH, 2022 THEME CONNECTED FOR FRUITFULNESS*
“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” - (John 15:5)
READ: John 15:1-10 (KJV)
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
The Bible reading of today tells us that abiding in Jesus Christ is the secret of bearing good fruit.
This is why being born again is just the beginning of a life of fruitfulness; abiding in Jesus Christ in unbroken continuity is the secret of fruitfulness.
How then can we abide in Jesus? John 15:7-8 says:
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Here we discover three things: One, Jesus is the secret behind true fruitfulness and without Him we can do nothing good.
Two, abiding in Him is the attitude required of us to bear good fruit. Three, living by His words (teachings) is the practical way of abiding in Jesus Christ. He said, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me...” (Matthew 11:29). Everyone will eat out of whatever fruit he or she bears.
Everyone is capable of bearing good fruit, provided the fellow comes to Jesus Christ through faith, living according to His word.
John 8:31 says:
...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed.
God is the ultimate in all ways, even where fruitfulness is concerned. Whoever desires to be fruitful must be connected to Him.
Psalm 23:1 says that those who follow God will not lack. John 10:9 further describes the blessings of those who connect with Jesus:
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
All things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).
Beloved, these Scriptures above and many more confirm that if you are connected to God, your all-around fruitfulness is guaranteed. Are you connected to Him?
Father, please keep me, connected to You forever, in Jesus' name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 5-7
HYMNAL: 1 - ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
5. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
Leave a Comment