RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER'S MANUAL LESSON TWENTY-SEVEN SUNDAY, 4TH MARCH 2018 TOPIC: ESSENCE OF MARRIAGE
OPENING PRAYER: Father, give us many marriages this year. Terminate factors which prevent our youths from holy marriage.
MEMORY VERSE ‘’Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" - Hebrews 13:4
RCCG Sunday School Sunday, 4th March 2018 BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 2:15-25 & INTRODUCTION
Marriage is the oldest human institution. It is older than the Church or any human government. Marriage has been ordained of the Lord for companionship and the procreation of the race. Marriage leads to the establishment of homes for children where happiness and joy can reign (Proverbs 18:22).
Although we live in the days of low moral standards, when marriage vows are easily broken and divorce is considered common, God's law and standard do not change. Any Christian who breaks his marriage vows is, therefore, playing with fire.
TEXT REVIEW: Gen 2:15-25
- The Lord God said, "it is not good that the man should be alone, I will make a help meet for him". Gen 2:18
- The Lord God noted, " But for Adams, there was not found an help meet for him". Gen2:20
- The Lord God went into action and "made a women, and brought her to the man". Gen 2:22
- And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. Gen 2:25.
- Some deductions can be made out of the above stated biblical references:
- God created the woman (He also created the man). Gen. 1:27, 2:7
- God created woman for man
- God knows the need of every man
- God hate isolation or loneliness.
- God knows the perfect help meet for every man
- God can source for help meet.
- God can meet all our needs
- God is the provider.
- God ordained openness between husband and wife.
- God ordained them to live together.
- God ordained them to consummate their union with the following words: " cleave ", " one flesh" "naked".
- xii. God blessed the marriage with joy, acceptance and unity not shame and disparity, etc.
1. Why should we marry?
2. Who should a Christian marry?
WHY SHOULD WE MARRY?
1. Teacher should ask those who are married in their classes to explain why they got married
2. Teacher should note the reoccurring reasons in their responses for possible emphasis or correction.
3. Teacher should teach the students biblical reasons for marriage as highlighted below:
i. To obey the command of God (Genesis 1:28; 2:24).
Ii. For fellowship (Genesis 2:18).
iii. For partnership (Ecclesiastes 4:9-11). It takes to make "one flesh". (Genesis 2:24).
iv. To satisfy the sexual and emotional desires that are good, holy and legitimate but can only be satisfied in marriage (1Corinthians 7:2, 9).
v. For the propagation of the human race (Genesis 9:1).
CLASS ACTIVITY 1 : Class should mention other forms of marriages which did not satisfy the above-stated reasons for marriage.
You might also like: Kambua – Count Your Blessings
WHO SHOULD A CHRISTIAN MARRY?
Who should a Christians marry?
i. Christians should marry Christians. 2Corinthians 6:14-17.
ii. Husband and wife should worship Christ together. 2Corinthians 6:14-17
Why should these positions stand?
i. God's command: 'be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers'. 11Cor. 6:14a
ii. Righteousness has no fellowship with unrighteousness. 11Cor. 6: 14b
iii. Light has no communion with darkness. 11Cor. 6:14c
iv. Christ has no concord with Belial. 11Cor. 6:15a
v. Believers have no part with infidels 11Cor. 6: 15b.
vi. God's temple has no agreement with idols.11Cor. 6: 16a.
CLASS ACTIVITY 2: Mention reasons why light and darkness should not stay to together.
SUMMARY : God commanded Christians to marry only Christians
If you are a man, then, look for a godly woman and marry her.
Father, give believers understanding to discover your purpose in marriage.
Find out five reasons why some men do not want to marry in line with God's directives. Give five pieces or advice to the identified reasons.